Matshepo Maleme was born on 23 August 1980. She is a 41-year-old South African actress well known for Million colours, for playing Zandile Maphosa on Skeem Saam and she currently playing Rea Molapo on the House of Zwide on etv. She is also known for playing Sheila on Scandal.
Full name: Matshepo Kukie Maleme
Date of birth: 23 August 1980
Age: 41 years old
Place of birth: Free State Province
Nationality: South African
Known as: Rea on House of Zwide
Languages: Xhosa, English, Sesotho
Personal life of Matshepo
Matshepo Maleme was born on 23 August 1980 in Free State Province, South Africa. She lived with her grandparents in FS but later moved to Johannesburg with her parents. This is where she found her acting calling and land a debut role on Buboni Sana. The star’s mother tongue is SeSotho but she can speak Xhosa and English fluently. She has got two children, one boy and one girl.
Matshepo believes she must first bond with her new born babes for almost a year before getting back to her everyday hustle.
“If I have a baby, if God gives me the strength and the patience, I always like to raise my baby up to one year before I can start hustling – just to bond because this industry by the time you get back on the horse, it gets hectic and you may never be there as much as you would like to,” she said. 
Maleme’s acting career
Matshepo made her debut television appearance in 2004 when she was 24 years on SABC1 drama series, Buboni Sana. In May 2007, the M-Net soapie eGoli cast her in the role of Thuli – a replacement housekeeper in her mother at Edwards house. In 2010 she appeared on Night Drive and also starred on Million Colours in 2011, a movie she won a SAFTA award for in 2013.
Then in 2018 she played on Emoyeni. She played Mapule on SABC 2 soapie Muvhango and had a role of Bokang on the mini series of After Nine which aired on SABC 1. From 2012 to 2013, Matshepo Maleme starred as smart, streetwise tavern owner Thuli Malinga in the Mzansi Magic telenovela Inkaba. For her to fully grasp Inkaba role, she had to leave Muvhango and she was replaced by Gontse Ntshegang.
2016 to 2021
In 2016 she was cast on Gold diggers as Cat, a villainous woman. This was Matshepo’s first villainous character on tv. Cat was revelry of May portrayed by Tina Jaxa. In 2017 Matshepo got a role on Skeem Saam as Zandile Maphosa, a wife of Lehasa Maphosa (played by Cedric Fourie) who loves her husband but is secretly suffering.
And in 2021 she landed a role on House of Zwide as Rea Molapo – a drama series which replaced Rhythm City. Here she plays as Onalerona Molapo’s (by Nefisa Mkhabela) step mother who happens to be Mr Molapo’s (by Jeffrey Sekele) wife and the biological mother of Keletso by Karabo Magongwa. Matshepo has got more than ten years acting and her cv is endless, she has acted on Isithembiso, Isibaya, Scandal as Sheila, Side dish, Imposter and Housekeepers.
Awards of Matshepo Maleme
In 2013, Matshepo was awarded a South African Film and Television award for her role on the movie of Million colours. ²
TV shows – Season- Character
- After 9 – Season 1 – Bokang Maema
- After 9 – Season 2 – Bokang Xaba
- Egoli: Place of Gold – Season 16 – Thuli
- Emoyeni – Season 1 – Thoko
- Gold Diggers – Season 2 – Cat
- House of Zwide – Season 1 – Rea Molapo
- Housekeepers – Season 1 – Eunice
- Imposter – Season 1 – Linda
- iNkaba – Season 1 – Thuli Malinga
- Isibaya – Season 1 – Miriam (Mimi) Ramatlhodi
- Isithembiso – Season 2 – Benjemina
- Muvhango – Season 1 – Mapule Tshidiso
- Scandal! – Season 1 – Sheila
- Side Dish – Season 1 – Joyce
- Skeem Saam – Season 6 – Zandi Maphosa
- Thapelo Sebogodi biography, age, career, parents
- Olivia Khoshatefeh biography, age, career, parents & Nationality
- Dawn Matthews full personal life history and career
- Kwanele Mthethwa biography! Get to know her!
- Sirizani Butau saved 8 people out of the burning bus
- Riky Rick has died. Here is the Cause of death