Imbewu The Seed recently experienced the exit of most of its main actors. This includes Koobeshen Naidoo, who plays Pranav Rampersad, Nqobile Ndlovu, who plays Nokukhanya Bhengu and Fundiswa Zwane, who plays KaMadonsela. And there have been rumours that Tony Koroge is considering to leave if he doesn’t come to good terms with Imbewu producers. But as Fundiswa Zwane who has already left the drama series, it has been announced that she will be replaced by Brenda Mhlongo, so here we will discuss few points about Brenda so that we can know her better.
- Brenda Mhlongo (born 1980) is a South African actress, singer, and dancer who is well known for playing Nandi Mabaso on “Generations: the legacy” which plays on SABC 1. She no longer carries this role on “Generations” because she was fired by her bosses just like Fundiswa Zwane whom she will replace on Imbewu.
- Brenda is married to Edmund Mhlongo. They got married when Brenda was 18 years old in 1998. The couple once lived together apart, in a form of long-distance relationship because Brenda was travelling the world with big productions like the “Lion King”. Amazingly the couple is still together two decades later and they are still in love. The pair are blessed with three children.
- Mhlongo recently appeared on Mzansi Magic The Queen, playing Zodwa, who went from supervising her son Shaka’s relationship with the mother of his child, Mmabatho, to being a grief-stricken mother after his “death”.
- Brenda, who is now a professional actress, reviewed that she was trained by her husband to become what she is today. She said her husband supported her to spread her wings in her career.
- Mrs Mhlongo will be playing on Imbewu, an eTV drama series which plays at 21:30 South African time. The show, shot in KwaZulu-Natal, is currently watched by over 3 million people. KaMadonsela is at crossroads as things head towards reaching a boiling point between her, MaZulu, and Thokozile.
- She is going to replace Fundiswa Zwane’s role of KaMadonsela, pastor “Shongololo” Bhengu’s wife. Fundiswa Zwane was fired from Imbewu after she protested against her salary which she said was not enough. The South African singer and actress, Brenda Mhlongo will be appearing on Imbewu screen as from 30 July 2020 filling up the boots of Fundiswa who will be last seen on Imbewu from 29 July.
Brenda Mhlongo from Imbewu: Her husband married a side chick - Southern African celebrities(April 18, 2021 - 3:48 pm)
[…] Related post: Biography facts about Brenda Mhlongo […]
Skeem Saam season 10 newbies actors - Southern African celebrities(July 13, 2021 - 3:04 pm)
[…] Skeem Saam is Fundiswa Zwane. Fundiswa was known for playing Kamadonsela on Imbewu the seed but was fired for asking a […]
Busisiwe Shezi biography - Southern African celebrities(July 27, 2021 - 1:37 pm)
[…] the Seed. The character of Sebenzile the she portrays is a sister to Kamadonsela (portrayed by Brenda Mhlongo). When Kamadonsela went to prison for murder, she left to Sebenzile to take care of her household ( […]