Omega Khunou biography
Omega Khunou is a 41-year-old South African gospel singer, songwriter and musician. He is best known for songs like Ewe Malibongwe, Worthy and Lamb of God featuring the late gospel singer Neyi Zimu.
Full name: Omega Khunou
Date of birth: March 4, 1981 (age- 41 years old)
Place of birth: Rustenburg, North West Province
Nationality: South African
Occupation: Gospel Artist, Singer
Years Active: 2003 to present
Albums: Spirit Of Praise, Vol. 4, Spirit Of Praise, Vol. 5, Spirit Of Praise, Vol. 3, Spirit Of Praise, Vol. 1
Songs: Busa Jeso, Ewe Malibongwe
Spouse: Keatlaretse Grace Khunou (m- 2009)
Children: 1 (Reaboka Praise Khunou)
Parents: Pastor A Khunou, Mrs J Khunou
Early life of Omega Khunou
Omega Khunou was born on the 4th of March 1981 in Rustenburg, North West Province in South Africa. He was raised in Reagile in Koster, North West Province. He is the second born to Pastor A Khunou and Mrs J Khunou of Poellano Ministry in Koster.
Omega developed interest for music at the tender age of 5. This is when he started singing in his father’s Sunday School Church. At the age of 15 years he was already playing a big role in the church and school choirs.
Education of Omega Khunou
One will wonder where the gospel star like Omega got his education for music. Which is obviously not astounding because everyone knows that Omega has got a good sharp voice.
He went to Johannesburg in 2000 and struggled to find his feet for a year until 2001, when he was given the opportunity to study music at Funda College in Soweto where he studied for three years before venturing into full time music career.
Music career of Omega Khunou
In 2003 he recorded his debut album titled MESSIA, then in 2004 Omega recorded his two more albums whose titles are not yet known to us. In 2007 he released WALK IN THE LIGHT through the record label Do-Jam production under Dodo Monamodi.
Omega received a divine call in February 2010 from Dr. Oupa Montshiwagae of Spirit Music, who invited him to attend New Life Changing Bible Church in Kagiso, where he was pastoring (Krugersdorp). Omega became a member of the music team after falling in love with the church. God opened the door for him to be a part of Spirit of Praise Volume 3 through his service at New Life Changing Bible Church, where he led the hymn Hayo Ya Tshwanang le Wena.
He then worked as a solo artist with few collaborations until end of 2012. Omega eventually broke through in 2013 when he earned a deal with Spirit Music. [ ¹]
2013 to present gospel history of Omega Khunou
He performed the song “Hayo” on Spirit Of Praise Vol 3. “Hayo” Latter became a successful song, allowing him to release his first album (Hayo) with Spirit Music. Later, he recorded “Crossover” and worked with Neyi Zimu on “Friends In Praise.” He also sang hit songs such as “Entabeni/Udumo malube kuwe and Busa” in Spirit Of Praise Vol 4 and Vol 5.
Omega has worked with a variety of gospel artists including his tutor, Ps Benjamin Dube, Ps Neyi Zimu, Ps Solly Mahlangu, Kgotso Makgalema, Vicky Vilakazi, Zaza Mokgeti, Dube Brothers, Tshepiso Mpotle, and others. He’s also travelled to Botswana, Swaziland, Lesotho, Ireland, and England, as well as most of South Africa’s provinces, to pursue his music ministry.
“Worship In Truth & In Spirit with Omega Khunou” is his most recent album. Omega’s lively joyful trademark is seen in this live recording from the Lyric Theatre. [ ²]
Personal life of Omega Khunou
Omega is a married God fearing man. He is married to Keatlaretse Grace and they’ve been married since 2009. In July 2020 they were blessed with a boy child who was their first child since they were together for 11 years. They named the child Reaboka Praise because they were praying for a child through out their marriage. The issue was, they experienced lot of miscarriages throughout until God answered their prayers in 2020.
“We suffered four miscarriages in our marriage. It was really tough,” said Omega Khunou.[ ³]
Discography of Omega Khunou
- O Molimo – Spirit of Praise 7 · 2018
- Nqaba Yami – Friends In Praise, Vol. 2 · 2019
- Bonang Ho Hlahile Marung – Restored – EP (Live) · 2020
- Nyathela – Spiritual Celebration – Friends In Praise, Vol. 1 (Live) · 2019
- Busa – Crossover (Retlo E Tshela) (Live) · 2012
- Makanaka Jesu – Worship In Spirit & In Truth With Omega_Khunou · 2017
- Rea Ho Boka – Friends In Praise, Vol. 2 · 2019
- Jesu Unamandla – Spiritual Celebration – Friends In Praise, Vol. 1 (Live) · 2019
- Sotho Medley – Worship In Spirit & In Truth With Omega_Khunou · 2017
- Blessed Assurance – Worship In Spirit & In Truth With Omega Khunou · 2017
- Besuka – Crossover (Retlo E Tshela) (Live) · 2012
- Amen Amen – Worship In Spirit & In Truth With Omega Khunou · 2017
- Oa Halalela – Worship In Spirit & In Truth With Omega_Khunou · 2017
- Ditheto – Crossover (Retlo E Tshela) (Live) · 2012
- Uyaphila – Friends In Praise, Vol. 2 · 2019
- Dula Le Rona – Friends In Praise, Vol. 2 · 2019
- Re Inela Wena – Worship In Spirit & In Truth With Omega Khunou · 2017
- Ithemba Lami – Restored – EP (Live) · 2020
- Wa Makatsa – Crossover (Retlo E Tshela) (Live) · 2012
- Mahodimo – Friends In Praise, Vol. 2 · 2019
- Winnie Mashaba full biography, divorce, accolades and more
- Ayanda Ncwane Biography
- Mawenza Ncwane biography, age, career and parents
- Joshua Maponga biography, age, career, wife and scandals
- Ricky Fire Biography, age, career, real name & wife
- Who is TKay Maidza from Zimbabwe?